In Bartow, as it is in Heaven.
Our first priority is Bartow. We desire to see the church be at the center of our community making the Kingdom of Heaven visible in Bartow by offering Jesus’ grace, hope, peace, comfort, joy, community, salvation, and restoration to all.
To Make It Simple for People to Find and Follow Jesus
Worship God (creates passion)
Grow Up (creates zeal)
Reach Out (creates intrigue)
We will be a church that loves:
2) His Word
3) One Another
4) Our Community
• We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men were moved by the Spirit to write the words of Scripture. Therefore, the Bible is without error.
• We believe in one God who exists in three distinct persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). We believe that Jesus Christ is the member of the Trinity (the Son of God) who became flesh to reveal God to all people and to become the Savior of the lost world.
• We believe that all humans, both male and female, were created in the image of God to have fellowship with Him, but became alienated from that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, humanity is totally incapable of coming back into a right relationship with God by one’s own effort.
• We believe that that human life begins at fertilization. God, in his infinite sovereignty, uniquely formed human beings and gave them a special dignity, personal freedom, and individual accountability among all the works of creation. Human beings have been made for relationship with God and to be good and faithful stewards of creation. God created each person’s inmost being, knitting each person together in his/her mother’s womb. As God’s individualized and personal creation, each person is fearfully and wonderfully made. God has ordained all the days of each person’s life before they came to be.
• We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sins. Therefore, salvation only occurs when a person places his or her faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as the sufficient payment for his or her sin and allows us to be reunited as sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father for all eternity.
• We believe that every Christian should live for Christ and not for his or her self. By obedience to the Word and daily yielding to the Spirit, every believer will mature and become conformed to the image of Christ.
• We believe that the church is the body of Christ of which Jesus Christ is the Head. The members of the body of Christ are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving Him and by making Him known to a lost world.
• We believe that marriage involves the union of one man and one woman in permanent sacred fidelity. It is God alone who has ultimate authority to prescribe and describe the marital relationship Furthermore, sexual intimacy is only properly exercised and pursued within the confines of a marital relationship